The aim of the Competition is to encourage the accessibility of contemporary music, to promote the works by young composers and the international cooperation of creators, to evaluate and award the best pieces of music.
The Competition is organised by Lithuanian Musicians’ Union and Public Enterprise Ars&Sonoris.
The Competition partners are the following: Lithuanian National Philharmonic Society, Lithuanian Copyright Protection Association LATGA, Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Vilnius City Municipality, Lithuanian National Radio and Television.
On the initiative of the Organisers, the Organising Committee is formed, the Competition ambassadors are invited, and an international jury is convened.
- Composers from all countries and of all nationalities can participate in the competition;
- The participants of the Junior Group should be born after 23 November 1999;
- The participants of the Main Group should be born after 23 November 1984.
Requirements for works:
- Only new, original works of music that have not been published or presented in any other competition or performed in public can be submitted;
- Works, at the request of an author, can be accompanied by video material. An author of a related piece is held liable for the right to demonstrate such video content during the competition and the related events. The competition organisers bear no responsibility for the permission of a copyright holder to demonstrate video material in public;
- Duration of a piece:
Junior Group from 5 to 10 minutes;
Main Group from 7 to 12 minutes;
- The number of movements in a composition is not limited;
- A printed score of a piece of music and PDF file containing a score and its separate parts as well as a demo recording of the piece (in wav or mp3 format) must be submitted;
- One author can submit only one application for the competition;
- The competition is anonymous. When submitting a score, recordings of a piece of music and other related material, an author must indicate only the name of the piece and their pseudonym.
- String quartet (violin, violin, viola, cello);
- Piano trio (violin, cello, piano);
- Woodwind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, French horn);
- Brass quintet (trumpet, trumpet, French horn, trombone, bass trombone);
- String orchestra – only for the main group (7,6,4,4,2);
- Ensembles of mixed composition; comprised of the aforementioned instruments, not exceeding the indicated ensemble/orchestra quantities, with or without electronic instruments in the attached soundtrack.
- The entrance fee is not applied for the participants of the Junior Group;
- The entrance fee for the participants of the Main Group is 30 Euros;
- 31 August 2019, 23:59 (GMT+2) for the submission of online competition application form and an attached copy of the paid entrance fee;
- 1 October 2019, for the submission of envelopes with application forms and scores.